Monday, May 3

Beef rolls

I was craving for a lean, mean steak the other day but I've only got some measly slices of sizzling beef in the freezer. They were half a centimetre thin and definitely could not pass as steaks. So I came up with this idea to spice up my poor meat:

Beef rolls 

Makes 2 rolls (appetizer-sized)

Ingredients:
2 thin slices of lean beef (I used sizzling beef)
spring onion
capsicum
leek
1 teaspoon olive oil

Preparation:
Julienne spring onion, capsicum and leek, making sure all ingredients are about the same length. Assemble onto beef slice, roll tightly and cut off excess vegetables at the sides. Heat oil in pan. Place beef roll, 'seam-down' onto pan to seal. Reduce heat and cook all sides of roll and ensure that it is cooked long enough so that the vegetables are cooked.


I used those ingredients because that's all I had in my fridge. Cheese, carrots and long beans could work well too.


No comments:

Post a Comment