Wednesday, April 7

Tuna Pasta

I first had tuna pasta three years ago when I stayed in an Italian lady's house. Before that, I have never heard of fish cooked with pasta before, except the occasional smoked salmon in creamy sauce. But boy, the lady was a whiz in the kitchen and got me instantly hooked on this dish. It's so simple that I wanted to cry and beat myself up for not making it more often.

Tuna pasta in tomato sauce


Serves 1 meal


Ingredients:
150g cooked pasta
1 small can tuna (approx. 95g per can)
3 tablespoons tomato paste
1 small onion, chopped
3 bulbs garlic, chopped
1 tomato, roughly sliced
3 medium mushrooms, sliced
1 teaspoon olive oil

Preparation:
Heat oil in saucepan. Brown onion and garlic. Cook mushrooms. Add tomato and tomato paste. Add tuna. If sauce becomes too dry, add some water. Stir and remove from heat. Serve with pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment