Tuesday, April 13

Mushroom and cauliflower soup

Remember the mushroom soup recipe I posted up previously? Here's an even better version with cauliflower! I do realize that I'm flooding Sugarless with cauliflower. It's just that I'm in love with cauli now and I'm a student eating on a tight budget so I always buy what's on special. Caulies are in at the moment.

Mushroom and Cauliflower Soup


Ingredients:

180ml low fat/semi-skim milk


1/2 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
300g fresh mushrooms, sliced/chopped
1/2 head cauliflower, roughly chopped
65ml (1/4 cup) fat-reduced cream
salt, pepper and herbs, to taste

Preparation:
Bring milk, cauliflower, onions, salt, pepper and herbs to boil in a pan. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring often. Add mushrooms and cook for a further 15 minutes. Stir in cream. Transfer 1/2 of the soup into a blender and puree until desired consistency. Repeat for remaining soup. 




No comments:

Post a Comment