Tuesday, February 9

Bake 'em, love 'em

I have reconciled with myself that I am so not an awesome photographer. I'll just have to make do with sub-par quality pictures. Sigh. Anyway, I was being lazy and whipped up this as a meal:

Baked Vegetable Market

Note that I did not include the sundried tomatoes in the recipe. They got burnt. Haha.

Baked vegetables

Serves 2 meals with staples

Ingredients:
1/2 head cauliflower, hacked to nice pieces
1 large tomato, with top sliced off
1 medium carrot, sliced 1cm thick
1 medium zucchini, sliced 1cm thick
1 large fresh button mushroom
1 bulb garlic
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil

Preparation:
Dump cauliflower, tomato, carrot and zucchini onto roasting/baking pan, making sure of minimal overlapping. Chop 1/4 off of garlic bulb, sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon olive oil, season and wrap in olive oil. Season the other vegetables, drizzle with remaining olive oil. Pop into oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes or until cooked. Remember to remove the mushroom after about 10 minutes or they will burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment